Thoughtful Estate Planning
Will the money you leave behind be used for a Camaro or for a college education?
At Owens & Nelson, our goal as your lawyer is to draft a well-designed estate plan that passes your assets to those you love in a manner that best fits the life circumstances of your beneficiaries.
Solid estate planning reduces or even eliminates other costs, such as estate and income taxes, probate court expenses and legal fees. It also takes into account not only the expected size of your net worth, but the unique needs of your beneficiaries or heirs.
Questions we can help you answer:
- Should the inheritance be phased in at certain ages?
- Does your beneficiary have a disability to consider?
- Is your beneficiary in a difficult marriage with the possibility of a divorce?
- Do you have children from a previous marriage?
- Are there taxes that can be avoided?
- What can you do to minimize or avoid probate court costs and delays?
The attorneys at Owens & Nelson are committed to estate planning that meets your specific goals. You may not know how to go about putting those goals together. We hope the above questions will help prepare for our initial meeting together.
In the community of Greenville, North Carolina, hundreds of clients depend on Owens & Nelson for all their legal needs. Our experienced lawyers handle estate planning and wills with confidence and confidentiality.
In Eastern North Carolina, call 888-535-1257 or contact us online. Our office is near both federal and state courthouses.